.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





2010 RESOLUTiONS

    Goodbye 2009. Hello 2010. Two more years before the apocalyptic 2012 (Seriously, the end of the world getting postponed every now and then is getting into my nerves).

    A new year is always the start of something new. It has been instilled into the depths of the pathetic human subconsciousness that every new year, there should be a change about oneself for one's own good -- may it be changing an attitude, or adapting a new lifestyle, or making new friends, or losing those extra blubber, yada yada. And the ancestral forerunners of that idea gave birth to -- tadaaaa -- New Year's Resolutions.

    A change or anything new is always the fad when the calendar flips another year, and like fads, these resolutions frequently die even before the year makes it halfway.

    New Year's Resolutions are always any of these two categories:

    1. Habits to keep. Some promise to stay away from major vices like smoking, drinking, gambling, and all other vices known to man. Others prefer lighter version of these resolutions, like moderating alcohol intake, or lessen the smoking habit from a ream to 10 packs a day, or keep battering one's husband from a hundred times to 10 times a day (minimum), or spend less on shoes or gadgets. Some resolve in practicing better habits, like being on time, or going home early, or go to church more often, or removing one's inborn grouchy aura. Most of the time, resolutions like these are the hardest to keep.

    2. A new you. Stripping off those extra pounds, or gaining that necessary weight, or becoming fairer, as long as vanity is concerned, people want to feel reborn by formulating a resolution that will change how they look and feel, may it be changing one's appearance, clothing, even group of friends, goals and careers, or house motif. Most of the time, resolutions like these are the most expensive, although easier to do.

    Well let's join this crazy fad then, here are my New Year's Resolutions. Cheers!

    1 Major room renovation. Clean my room, and keep it that way for as long as i can (that's a hard thing to do you know). Before leaving for the holidays, honestly I left my room like it was the core of Philippine calamity. Time to organize every clutter, remove anything unnecessary, and prevent anything unnecessary from coming back. Maybe even put up posters or boards or the likes to brighten up my dull wall.

    2 It's back to the gym for me. With the appetite that I have, I wouldn't take too soon for me to transform into a walking lard of fat. It's about time we let those abs reveal themselves!

    3 SAVE dammit SAVE! With the unfortunate closing of my personal savings account (don't mention why), now is the time to open a new one, making sure it doesn't end up like it's predecessor.

    4 Be more productive over the internet. That means less gaming (huhuhu!), more blogging (I can handle that), and maybe find a good online sideline for extra bucks (kachingg!). It's time to make a schedule of things to be done, since after turning on the computer, I suddenly have a brainstorming of the so many dozens things I plan to do over the internet. Result? I get to do them, but never get to finish any of them.. sigh..

    5 Be more productive at work. Okay okay, so it's taking me time to fulfill my necessary training. I'll try my best to produce substantial progress before midyear.

    Good luck with our New Year's Resolutions!
    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2010/01/2010-resolutions.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts