.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





LiFE iN TABOREA: THE WORLD OF RUNES OF MAGiC

    I have to admit. I am an online gaming addict. No doubt about it.

    New games out there always had 'demo time' in my hands.. Well, of course not all passed my standards, and only a few moved in permanently in my hard drive.

    Mostly I prefer multiplayer online games, where you get to interact with other online gamers while living the adventure of your choice in a virtual world. It serves as my escape to my real world. It's not that I am trying to escape from my reality, It's just that I needed an instant outlet for the overflow of my emotions, my imagination, and my undying thirst for adventure. I'll go crazy in no time if I didn't.

    So here we go, a new portal to a parallel dimension opens: The Land of Taborea. It is calling me, and my adventurous weakness plunges me into its realm.

    Taborea.

    It's set in medieval times. So I presume it's about dragons and castles, knights in horses, and damsels in distress.

    Meet my alter ego, Typhus. Why the horrible sickly name? Damn government textbooks. When I was in an internet-deprived public elementary, my science book tells me the scientific name of the whale shark (raaawwr!), the largest fish in world, is Rhineodan typhus. After so many years, I found out that due to a typo error it ought to have been Rhincodon typus. OH what the hell, I got stuck with Typhus and lived with it.

    Avatars are created by players to represent themselves in the gaming world. Typhus is my Avatar in Taborea now. MMORPG's (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games) like these give gamers class selection -- the basic role one wants to be in the virtual world. I chose The Scout Class, adept in the use of the bow and arrow. I don't know what's with it, but in most of my online games, I always end up choosing a bow-and-arrow class (and the name Typhus, yeah I know it sucks!). Scouts can see their enemies in a distance and physically attack them at very long range. Being a scout in Taborea makes me feel like the new Robinhood in town.

    Now having an avatar, it's time to explore the world.

    I end up in this village in the middle of the forest. NPCs (non-player character) abound the village, and as I talk to them, some gave me valuable hints about the village and the surrounding areas. Some gave me quests and promised rewards if I kill a forest creature or if I bring specific items.

    Now off I go to a nearby forest to explore and raise my level. Raising my character level by raising my experience will not only make my attacks more powerful, it will also provide me with new and improved skills. Raising experience is mostly done by killing creatures (before they kill you of course!)

    My first monster encounter is a cute walking mushroom called a Fungus. Sorry creature, however adorable you are, you have to die, the poor thing. Arrows away!

    Hunting and killing monsters not only give experience. They also drop valuable items for certain NPC quests, and also sellable items you can trade for gold.

    Well that's it for me for now. To fight more powerful monsters, I have to be more powerful myself. And that means more adorable Fungus creatures will suffer and eat my arrows.

    Who knows what other adventures await Typhus in this new dimension I went into. Taborea here I come!












    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2010/02/life-in-taborea-world-of-runes-of-magic.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts