.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





THE GEEK WHO TRiED TO DANCE Part 1


    Almost everyday, they would always be visible at a corner of the school's main lobby.

    They would turn on the stereo with a popular funky music, then perform cool dance routines while college students pass by, glancing at them in awe.  Some even stop to watch them, forgetting that they were on their way to class.  They were good, obviously.  Very good.

    For me, they were the elite group of the dance floor in our campus.  Just looking at them move made me feel an inferior and envious being, the geek that I am.

    They dress cool.  They move cool.  And they were enjoying themselves.  It made me think and dream of many things stupid.  Like, what would it feel like to be one of them?

    "They're gonna be holding auditions next semester," I dreamily told a friend.  We were both watching the dance group practice in a distance (again).

    Also-geeky friend raised an eyebrow. "Are you planning to audition?!"

    "Well, yeah.. sort of."

    "Kataas nimog pangandoy uy! Hahaha, feeling sad nimo madawat ka?!" [You have your hopes too high! Hahaha, you think you can get in?!].

    Don't ask why he became my friend, haha!  Well, I just think that a little nega in life works wonders in the motivation category.  But he actually has a point.  When it comes to dancing experience, mine would be close to negligible.

    "Try try lang gud [It's just for the heck of it]," I replied.  "I am not hoping that I can pass auditions.  I just don't want to live a what-if life and graduate thinking that I did not even try."  I am the drama boy here.

    "OK here's the deal," nega friend said.  "Let's have a dare.  Let's both audition next sem, just for the heck of it!  Quitter loses and up for punishment.  Deal?"

    I agreed.  "Ahahaha!  We are so gonna be laughing-stocks!".

    I read my friend's mind, that bastard, hahaha.  He was obviously sure that I would back out from my word.  I can sense that he thinks the idea would be too much for me and that I would eventually back out, but it actually made me decide to thicken my face and go for it even more, whatever happens.  Well at least I won't be that too embarrassed since I have someone with me to share that embarrassment with, LOL!  And I'm not letting him win.

    It was settled then.  My friend and I were going to audition.  Deep inside, I DO want to pass auditions.  I DO want to be part of their cool team.  It was a dream.  A geek's dream.

    But I wasn't the dancer type.  My self-presentation does not exhibit those of a dancer, not even close.  I dress bland.  Zero bling-blings.  I am the living epitome of the word clumsy.  My body's flexibility is laughable.  And I can't even do a single damn breakdance stunt, like a damn cartwheel or a damn backflip.  In short, I wasn't the stereotypical candidate, and the only thing that separates me from being a geek is my lack of geeky glasses.

    We are so gonna be doomed.
    Photobucket



    TO BE CONTINUED..

     






    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2011/05/geek-who-tried-to-dance-part-1.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts

Blog Archive