.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND MY HANDWRITING

    Yeah everybody knows -- I can't make my handwriting any better even if my life depended on it.

    I call it the 'Payment of the Trade'.  They say I have the talent to write, and in return I think the Fairy Godmother of Talents gave me nothing for good penmanship, oh the irony.  If it weren't for computers I'd be doomed.


    The Doctor's Penmanship.  Kinahig ng manok (scratched by a chicken).  An Ancient Forgotten Language of Unknown Idiotic Origin.  Honestly, even I sometimes cannot read my own handwriting for crying out loud.  It's that bad.

    "Mister ***, you have very bad penmanship", said my college instructor.  Why thank you, sir.  Tell me something I don't know.

    Classmates would actually giggle when teachers call me to write something on the board.  And when the teacher finally comes to his senses that he actually picked me to do the job, he hesitates and chooses another student.  Very funny.  Or when the teacher has no choice but me, he just adds, "Please make your handwriting legible."  Prepare for trouble, sir.

    Essays.  Everybody hates it of course, well except for me.  I love and hate it at the same time.  I love thinking it up.  I hate handwriting it down.  My sentences fly everywhere, and I don't have the decency to erase mistakes gracefully.  I slash them with mighty strokes, like it was a demon i must slay for coming out of my head.

    Well it's not my hand that's at fault actually. It's my brain's fault.  It's too show-off, bossy, and always in writing hyperdrive.  My hand could only take so much.  It wants to put into writing almost anything it thinks about instantly before it vanishes in thin gray matter.  Poor hand, must be that hardworking to cope up with my stupid brain, so result is a very untidy and incomprehensible output.

    Bad handwriting actually has its perks:
    1. I seldom get called for board work
    2. My seatmates have a hard time copying my test paper (which actually saves them from the burden of being caught, or worse copying my already-wrong answers)
    3. I am freed of the burden of handwritten group work assignments, weee..
    4. The teacher cannot understand my answers to previous test papers, so he calls me up for clarification, and I mash the thing up with something right even if I knew my original answer wasn't.  Tehehe..

    I could actually make my handwriting a little bit better, well of course it would take me more time and effort, and the fact that I have to forcibly slow down my brain process for that.  A readable output is done, only less of the intended substance.

    So where must I stand?  Of course I am for substance, and long live keyboards!


    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2011/05/good-bad-and-my-handwriting.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts

Blog Archive