.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





CAN'T HELP BUT WAiT

    This isn't a story about love, so mind you those nuts who'd think this would be a blog version of R&B singer Trey Songz' hit (I love this song by the way).

    Yep, that title seeps through my veins as of the moment. Ever had that cold feeling that you're waiting for something that might never happen, but since you have waited so long for it, you couldn't help but just sit, relax, and wait? It sucks. You feel like a moron, but what else can you do? Your humongous ego is prompting you to continue, backing out just leaves all your effort worthless, and the fear of being haunted by the ghost of "what if" scares you.

    Can't help but wait, then.

    This is my story. I am in th middle of an adult crisis where a simple decision can ruin the rest of my life.

    No money. No job. No girlfriend. No kidding. What more can a loser ask for..

    When it comes to decisions, I have always regarded planning for the worst as the best tactic. There should always be a Plan B. Risking was always the last resort. The only problem would be when I would be facing decisions which are strictly two-sided. Now or never. Yes or No. Deal or No Deal. No turning back, Plan B is not an option, and escaping is futile. It's 100% risk, and I am 100% freaking out.

    This time is one of those risky instances - I have chosen a side of the coin, and now I have to wait. Having no money is no problem. All I need to do is get a job. Building up a so-called girlfriend relationship is no problem, too, as long as financial resources are stable. This goes back to the problem of money, and all boils down to one solution - a JOB.

    It's not my fault that I am picky for my first job. Okay, its sort of my fault, but I was trained to soar high, aim high, blah blah blah.. I even turned down a job I was hired last month because of my unusual sense of finding the most confortable job, may it be a high-paying or a regular-paying job. Of course, less than regular would never cross my resume..

    What's a comfortable job for me, then?

    1. It should be at or near a city, where leisure is abundant and commodities are at reach. Cebu City is my priority, though. I came to love that place, and the cost of living is waaaay too cheap than Manila. Also, most of my friends are working there, so reaching them out for a lunch chow or a videoke trip during weekends is as easy as a walk in the park.


    2. high salary is a plus, but I can live with a regular pay.


    3. If it's away from the city, a Sun Cellular signal would be nice. I love my current network communications provider - it's unbelievably cheap, most of my friends are also using Sun Cellular (which is a big advantage if eveyone's in the same network as I am), and I hate changing my phone number!


    4. A free bunkhouse room is way cool and a big plus, but it's just optional.. hehe..

    5. Let it be internet-accessible! Wireless, Landline Broadband, watever. Now this is compulsory.


    6. If it has its own gym, or if there is one in the nearest vicinity, it's one huraay.. I honestly have to cut down my tummy. It's like getting bigger, and not even a sign that it's going to stop. Seriously.


    7. And lastly, may it be a vicinity with cool chics.. How do you suppose am I going to work with the "No girlfriend" problem?. Tsk tsk.
    Now all of these are all packaged into one job offer that I have applied weeks ago. This is one good opportunity. The company told me to wait for an interview schedule. Neat. No sign if there was hope to be hired or none. They just told me to wait.
    And here I am, waiting. I did not apply to any other job, but just waited for this nice oppotunity. Why didn't I look for Plan B jobs? Because all available Plan B jobs as of the moment failed to meet my checklist.

    All I can say is, I can't help but wait. The fictitious Hannibal Lecter said that "great things come to those who wait". Hope he didn't try to munch out the brains of that company's HR, hehe..
    What will happen to me from now on? That, I have no idea. We'll just have to see.

    Now for that you, too, have to wait..
    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2008/02/can-help-but-wait.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts