.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





FOOD TRiP, COOK TRiP

    Yep, no better way to spend the dullness of the day than munching your worries off from your favorite snack or from a hefty serving of any good food..

    I have read somewhere that eating is one way to reduce stress, as certain types of food contain endorphins that trigger happy thoughts (which makes me wonder how far obese people had gone just to "de-stress" themselves). Many problematic people tend to overeat, which is psychologically true to those who have seen happiness during their childhood years with just a bar of chocolate.
    Stressed or not, I love to eat - which is a big question why I never came near of becoming a whale with such an appetite. I can gulp down up to 8 tall glasses of iced tea, consume up to 5 plates during eat-all-you-can restos, and have been always very consistent in keeping my plate clean (minus the dishwasher's help).
    If you love to eat, you definitely have to love how to COOK. This rule makes me an avid cook, a frustrated one actually, hehe. I could have been in food technology or in culinary school if I had chosen to, but given the family's preferences and the country's economic instability, I have no future in such dream (like the "fine arts in exchange for medicine" thing). I have no other way in cultivating such interest than in a form of a hobby. Hobbies are there to supplement one's ego - giving him an illusion of another world he can be in, contrast to what he is already living. That is why you can't consider cooking as a chef's hobby.

    And so, with my unemployed status, cooking at home became my so-called hobby, and of course my it also became my very own help around the house. I only cook during dinner, though, and my experience isn't that amazing. Good thing is I chop my own ingredients - I want everything done by my own hands, from preparing down to serving. (Inset: Chopped onions, garlic, and bell peppers - the start of every good dish)

    The best part of every cooking session is always the sauteing part -where sauteed garlic is always my favorite smell. I sometimes burn the garlic black just to be able to smell it!

    My father was the best cook of the house. He was a commrce grad, but he was an excellent cook. He would let me help him cook some of the dishes he was good at, and gave tips on the hows of cooking. He died about three years ago by the way. And so started my so-called cooking career..

    Chopsuey, pansit canton, macaroni and cheese, etc. etc. I cook almost anything I could think of, make use of available ingredients, and even create my own recipes - which may or may not be edible, though.. pfft.. These ideas always crossed me while watching the free recipe labels of certain food items, watching cooking shows (which I actually get stuck watching while surfing channels), or just mere looking at magazines. And since father is already gone for cooking guidance (and mother sometimes doesn't let me cook since I experiment with ingredients too much), I go to my major mentor in recipes - GOOGLE. Yep, a whole lot of recipes online, all waiting and screaming their teaspoons for me to give them life in the future.. So much for screaming teaspoons, all I see is a future for me to binge upon.
    My first vegetable chopsuey was a success (with a bit of Google's help), I just had urge to take a snapshot of it..

    Like an actor is nothing without fans, a cook is nothing, without a taster (or whatever you may damn call it). Except for our dog, I've got my sisters to do my bidding. Mother's a little tricky to feed something made by me. She thinks it's always poison.

    So if you've got nothing else to do, have fun in the kitchen! Other than murder, i agree that kitchen knives also serve some purpose. Cook something out of the ordinary, burn some pasta or overcook some vegetables - as long as your dog has the stomach to eat it, it's no problem.

    The best way to anyone's heart is through the stomach. Don't know about you, but this sure is true for me.. ehehe..

    Now hmm, what else to jab my knife on..

    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2008/02/food-trip-cook-trip.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts