.:[Double Click To][Close]:.





SALTWATER CHRONiCLES

    "Ngano askad kaau ang dagat? (Why is the sea salty?)", asked the birthday girl, Vierna, while we were all immersing ourselves together with Erwin in the saltiness of one of the beaches in Cangmating, Sibulan.

    "Naa man nay legend ana di ba (There was a legend about that, right?)", Erwin replied. "Nalimot lang gyud ko (I just can't remember it)".

    "Dili, ang tinuod nga reason ngano askad siya (No, the real reason why it is so salty).." Vierna insisted.

    "Ako maoy pangutan-a kabahin ana (It should be me you should be asking about it)", I told them with confidence.


    Of course I know the reason why it is salty. I read about it somewhere from one of my good ol' government issued textbooks way back in public elementary. Freshwater carry with them tiny amounts of salt from the mountains into the sea. And while the water in the sea evaporates, the salt remains. Of course it took so many many years for the river to deposit so much salt into the ocean. Kind of like "salining me gently" sort of stuff.

    Well, it's been four months since I last bathed myself in the salinity of the beach. I think the last one was with my KiNeSyX buddies (my dance group in college by the way) in one of Lapulapu's beaches. I still think nothing beats warm sunshine and the refreshing coolness of the beach water right into your very skin. And our country is so blessed with numerous beaches - some well known like Boracay, while others lay unknown within the confines of faraway towns.

    Beach outings are never complete without my favorite part - FOOD! Thanks to Joricyl for that ice cream she bought. Although it was a birthday gift for Vierna, I just can't resist helping Vierna strip off those excess pounds by eating most of it myself!

    We didn't just had enough of the beach. We actually went swimming in the pool courtesy of Joricyl's residence after it (I didn't even know they had a pool in their backyard after all these years, pfft..). And so we just couldn't help ourselves but swam again until our calves ached, took foolish pics while doing crazy stunts in the water, and talked about high school life and how awfully good it was to experience all of its horribleness (We were all high school friends by the way).

    All these stuff we did was all I needed to relieve myself of the pain of boredom while looking for a job - even for just a day. It also reminded me how terribly fast my pounds are building up and how badly I need to get in shape before I finally turn into what I fear most. I love the beach, but I have no intention of turning into a permanent resident whale.
    Summer is almost at reach, and in no time, the human population will be flocking the beaches in no time. I just had a dose of summer, though. Now I just can't wait the whole season to arrive.

    And so the dream of sexy two-pieces swimming in the water in front of my eyes is almost at hand. Mwahahaha..
    Source URL: http://jameellamellannyes.blogspot.com/2008/02/saltwater-chronicles.html
    Visit jameella mellanny for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Popular Posts